Solution for App lock not working in Redmi 1S and Redmi Note. Our readers are requesting the solution for the common problem which is the security app to prevent unauthorized usage of your apps ‘App Lock’ is not Working on their Xiaomi smartphones. There are many Xiaomi smartphone users in India because Xiaomi smartphones are providing good hardware quality at low price. Xiaomi launched three budget smartphones in India in 2014 which are Xiaomi MI 3, Redmi 1S and Redmi note. Xiaomi is focusing on the Indian market and planning to release more smartphones in the Indian market. Xiaomi smartphones are getting mixed reviews from the users.
App lock is not working on all the Xiaomi smartphones which are available in India like MI 3 or Redmi 1S. Solution to this problem is very easy. You have to follow some simple steps given in this article. App Lock is not working in your Xiaomi smartphone because MIUI lets you manage the permission of the installed apps on your mobile phone. You can allow or deny specific access to a particular app. This feature is not available in any other Android smartphone(without installing custom ROM). If you own a Xiaomi smartphone and have trouble using App Lock then you are at the right place in this guide. We’ll provide you the fix for the problem “App Lock not Working”.
FIX – App Lock not Working in Redmi 1S and Redmi Note
- First install AppLock from the play store and follow the steps given below.
- Go to Setting and scroll down.
- Now locate “Apps>>AppLock”
- Now tap on “Enable floating windows” Tap on OK when prompt.
- By default this feature is default is disabled, you have to enable it for proper working of AppLock.
- Now scroll down and tap on Manage Permissions.
- Enable “Auto-start” by tapping on it (Tap on OK when prompt).
- Now open AppLock and set the password and lock the required app.
- That’s it! Now you Applock will work even after clearing the RAM.
Now your problem is solved but you will be glad to know that there is no need for install any third party app to password protect the apps. MIUI has inbuilt feature to lock apps using pattern lock.
To access this feature go to setting
- Locate Security>> Privacy Protection
- Now tap on permission to enable it.
- Choose the pattern to lock apps.
- Now go to lock apps and enable the lock for required apps.
Also Check – How to Install MIUI 6 on Redmi 1S
Recommended – Redmi 1S common Problems and Fixes
Recommended – Improve Battery Life of Redmi 1S
So this is the solution for App lock not working problem on Xiaomi Devices. Hope this guide is helpful to you and you are able to use AppLock on your Redmi 1S smartphone. If you are facing any issues or if app lock is not working even after following this guide then you can comment your problem below. Let us know by commenting below whether this method is helpful to you or not.